Best liners of the best show ever - Breaking Bad!




Everyone knows this show. Most of you must have watched it and rest of you have listened to someone going on & on about how great this show was! Breaking Bad, without any close competition, is my #1 TV show. The unique but simple storyline, fascinating acting of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul with unparalleled story telling of Vince Gilligan made it one of the most critically acclaimed TV story ever. I'm writing this to note down my most favorite lines during the show.  I picked few not-so-popular lines (excluding ones like I'm the one who knocks or Say My Name!)


#5 "Someone has to protect this family from the man who protects this family" - Skyler White


Let's face it. Skyler is one of the most hated TV characters ever. Since we (fans) see things from the perspective of Walter, it is natural we get irritated with all her actions (including I.F.T) towards Walt, this poor cancer patient trying to do good towards his family. However, the above line gives us a hint about the struggle she had to fight internally as well as externally.

#4 "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really… I was alive" – Walter White


This line towards the end of the show wraps up Walt's empire. He started off as a dying family man who wants to do good with his family. However, on the way, he committed some horrible actions that cannot be justified with the "family man" story. Fans learn about his mindset throughout the story. They sense that Walt like violence. He enjoys being at the edge always. But he never expressed his true desires until this very last moment.



#3 "Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James" – Mike Ehrmantraut  


Mike probably had the best one liners. ( Closely followed by Hank, Saul and Jessie's bi**h lines). When Walt schemed to kill Gus with that brilliant plan, he was simply trying to survive another day. However, when he started off his own venture later with Jessie and Mike, he realizes that he is earning even less than what he got from Gus. Mike, with this brilliant one liner, brings back Walt to the reality.




#2 "I watched Jane die. I was there. And I watched her die. I watched her overdose and choke to death. I could have saved her. But I didn't." – Walter White ”

After the death of Hank in Ozymandias (which is considered by many as the best TV episode of the last two decades), Walt simply breaks up. Until this very moment, all his mistakes, he either bypassed them or simply ignored and moved on. Death of Hank marked the moment when he realized he has gone too far. It would never be the same anymore. Ever! In his mind Walt blames Jessie for involving Hank, leading him to the point of shootout and thus causing his death. By pointing out that he "killed" Jane, he tries to put Jessie in a similar amount of pain. 


#1 "Because your boss is gonna need me. 6353 Juan Tabo, apartment 6. Yeah!" - Walter White

Talk about bad-ass lines. I would rate this top anytime. You are just about to be executed. You know you don't have much time left. You reason with the killers. Doesn't work! You beg the killers. Doesn't work. What do you next? I'm sure for people who didn't watch the show, this line doesn't make much (or any) sense. But if you ever want to witness how to turn the tables around just by saying an address, I'll suggest you watch this scene.

That's it! My top 5 breaking bad lines. I hope you liked them too :-)

Comments

Popular Posts